The first target market would be Generation Y i.e. people born from (1980-1990) This will be our Main Target Generation. Health and Fitness will also play an important role in the launch of our product, as we can provide free samples to the athletes and people who workout in the fitness centers, hence a good opportunity for the successful bombard of bottled water. People who are environmentally aware of the disadvantages of the plastic bottle, hence they will be a major advantage in boosting the sales of our product as it is a renewable source consisting of 75% paper. Residents of highly populated Urban Areas will like to use it as it comes as a thing with higher value. Schools, Universities, Colleges will be a major part in the launch of the product as the students are also very concerned about the environment and they will surely understand the need of it.
More potential Future Target markets can be:
Expecting mothers can expect the water in tetra pak safe to drink. Newborns can make the full use of it as it don’t have any harm as plastic bottles do. Younger children can grab this and take it to school.
Potential target segments could be reached if the success of the packaging allows expansion into juice, flavored water markets creating a new potential pool of customers varying in age.
The most important strength is it’s packaging which consists of 75% Paper, hence a renewable source. The packaging is very eco-friendly. The water freshness and the cold level of water lasts even for longer hours. It will be a huge success as compared to the other tetra pak products in different industries. The raw materials consumed are seven times greater, the energy used in production is twice as great and solid waste generated is 6 times as great for class/plastic bottles when compared to Tetra Pak containers.
- Higher sale price than a traditional plastic bottle in the same volume (some will be unwilling to pay higher price for “packaged water”
- Attempt to provide greener packaging will come at some initially higher production costs to the company (PPE)
- Growing demand for environmentally sustainable products and packaging from some of the largest vendors in North America and the world. Growing health trends worldwide, especially in north America where concerns over contaminants released from plastic products have turned many off purchasing bottled water in plastic containers. “Beverage digest reports that retail sales of bottled water grew only 9% this year compared 16% in 2006”. This is an opportunity for our company as our new TP provides a fresh take on bottled water in a time when the the consumers have grown weary with the current plastic usage. Massive share of the individually packed bottled water market, our TP packaging injects a convenient and environmentally conscious product into a market we already have a large share of.
- Other major players in the bottled water industry such as Pepsi and Coca Cola are making steps to reduce packaging and provide “green” alternatives. Decrease in bottled water sales as a whole over the bast 5 years (nestle, pepsi and coke face their waterloo)
- Sustainability: The tetra pak company has to focus on the sustainability. The product has to gather it’s all parts and needs, also to launch it. It should not rely on future that weather the product will have impact or not.
- Identifiability and Measurability: The company should identify the demands and make the product in accordance, it should also measure the interest of the people and the size of the product and other things like shape, colour.
- Accessibility- It should be easily accessible, easy to use. People can carry it anyway with them easily.
- Responsiveness- The responsibility depends on the company that they should follow the required measures in order for success of the product.
www.google.com (Image of Tetra pak Bottle)